Brunei National Roads System is the main national road network in Brunei. It was built and maintained by the Public Works Department of Brunei (JKRB-http://www.pwd.gov.bn/).
Major highways in Brunei are built under dual-carriageway standards, while other roads are built as single carriageways. Road signboards use green background with white letters, but sometimes blue signboards may be used.
The maximum speed limit for dual-carriageways in Brunei is generally 100 km/h. Meanwhile, the maximum speed limit for single-carriageway roads is 80 km/h. Lower speed limits may apply in urban areas.
List of roads and highways
• Muara–Tutong Highway (Tutong - Jerudong - Muara)
• Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Highway (Madang - Bandar Seri Begawan)
• Tungku Link (Jerudong - Jalan Tungku)
• Berakas Highway (Berakas - Madang - Manggis - Bandar Seri Begawan)
• Brunei Airport Highway (Berakas Highway - Brunei International Airport)
• Kuala Belait Highway (Kampung Sungai Teraban - Kampung Lumut)
• Salambigar Highway
• Pan Borneo Highway (Kuala Belait - Seria - Tutong - Bandar Seri Begawan) (part of the Asian Highway Route)
• Jalan Serasa (Muara - Serasa)
• Jalan Muara (Bandar Seri Begawan - Muara)