Features of Gellan Gum High Acyl:
1.Very low dosage can help to for "fluid gels" to be as suspension or stabilizing agent in beverages:
2.Excellent acid stability or wide pH application range:
3.Can help to form elastic gels:
4.Help the blended beverage with a thicker mouth feel:
5.Good combination with modied starch to be used as thickener;
6.Good compatibility with other ingredients and hydrocollids.
Typical Procedure of Gellan Gum Application:
1. Make gellan gum dispersed in cool deionised water by stirring;
2. Heat solution 1. to 80 Celcius Degree;
3. Add cations into solution 2.;
4. Cool down the solution 3. to certain temperatures, stabilizing / suspending fuctions avaiable.
To disperse the product without lumps: Premix the powder with the other dry ingredients, and pour the preparation into the liquid under efficient stirring. Continue stirring to obtain a complete dispersion.
The dissolution of the product depends on the medium and the process: it is improved by heat treatment (time, temperature), shear stress(stirrer, homogenizer). A complete dissolution can be rapidly obtained by boiling for 5-10min or at around 85-90? for 20-30min with sequestrants(Sequestrants such as sodium citrate may be required for hydration in hard water).
High Acyl Gellan Gum provides fluid gelation, suspension or stabilisation to food and beverage (including dairy products) products.
Some Specific Applications:
1. Acid fruit juice;
2. Fruit Pulps Suspending Beverage;
3. Dairy Drinks such as netural milk, youghurd, cereal milk, soybean milk, fruits pulps suspending milk beverages;
4. Roughage Drinks;
5. Vegetable protein beverage.