One of the problems encountered in old books is the harmful result of exposure to moisture over a long period of time. Humid conditions promote the growth of mold and mildew which results in books having a musty odor. Smoke and other odors can also be absorbed by books over time and result in unpleasant book odors. Some collectors are very sensitive about book odors and this could negatively affect their value.
The Smelleze® Book Smell Removal Pouch was specially developed to eliminate musty odors from all types of old books, magazines, papers, antiques and other unwashable objects without harming them. It works by effectively absorbing and encapsulating phenomenal amounts of musty and other book odors without masking them with fragrances.
For a breathe of fresh air, simply place a reusable Smelleze® Book Odor Removal Pouch with up to 12 books in an airtight plastic bag, plastic container or cooler for about a week or until the odors are eliminated. Books, magazines, documents, antiques and other unwashable items may also be stored with Smelleze® Deodorizer Pouch over long periods of time to absorb moisture and to prevent musty mold and mildew odors permeating them. To rejuvenate periodically, simply heat in a microwave 2-4 minutes or place in direct sunlight for a day and reuse. Replace when rejuvenation does not help. Smelleze® Book Smell Remover Pouch can work for years so it is very cost effective.
Smelleze® Book Odor Remover Pouch is non-toxic, safe, reusable recyclable, natural, odorless, non-flammable and non-caustic. It is an ideal eco-friendly solution for eliminating musty book odors without adding pollutants to the air you breathe. Smelleze® Book Smell Control Pouch does not contain harmful chemicals and is especially beneficial for those suffering from allergies and chemical sensitivity.
According to the results of tests conducted on smelly books by Edith Reynolds of The Bookoligist, she states 'I placed Smelleze® Odor Control Pouch in the bottom of a plastic bin and placed the book on a rack directly above it. I closed the lid and checked the next day. It worked!'